Photographer, Wanderer , Blogger
Hey there! If you are wondering whose pictures you are looking at – they are mine! My name is Michelle and I am the woman behind the camera who is passionate about both travel and photography. Hopefully you are here because you, also, have an interest in both.
They say if you dream about travel, it usually represents your own journey in life – the inner (and outer) development you are going through. How well I navigate – and continue to navigate – the twists and turns, the ups and downs, the swells and storms of my life, I am still figuring out. But many of the defining moments of who I am today and who I want to be, I have discovered through travel.
- I have been blessed. I never really thought about the standard of living I enjoy here in the US, until I saw the standards of living in other destinations.
- I realize that there’s no one way to live life. The key is to find a path that makes you happy and gives you fulfillment. Sometimes it feels like you are the only person on that path – and that’s OK. It’s your life; your journey.
- The people who I have the most in common with don’t always define my friendships. I have created the most deep and lasting friendships with people I’ve met while traveling on the other side of the world. They have become some of the most valued names on my contact list.
Lol! No. I’ve always loved taking pictures, but I got into photography as my father got older. As I would travel to different destinations, I wanted him to see where I had been; what I had done. I would generally come back from those trips and say to him, “it looked so much better when I was there…”. So I started taking classes and workshops and through those session I’ve met many people with the same interest as me. I grew a network of friends that were always willing to help answer my technical questions or just give me an honest critique.
So Who Am I?
Who I am is an always-changing, learning and evolving person. I’m willing to learn from my experiences, apply them to my life and hope that they make me a better person. And, if I can help do the same in someone else’s life, that just adds so much happiness to who I am as a person involved in their life.
Blogging is completely new to me and I’m sailing into uncharted waters for sure. If you have ever had a desire to go outside your comfort zone; take a chance; try something new; I hope to encourage you to take a leap of faith. We only have 1 life to live and we shouldn’t live it with regrets!
Facts about me:
- My travel goal is to visit 1 new place every year. My new place can be here within the US or better yet, international. I do this because it gives me something to plan for and look forward to. This year, my new place is Laos. 2020 is Botswana!
- I don’t have an unlimited travel budget. I have a job and have to figure out how to make the best use of my vacation. So when I’m not traveling overseas, I’ve made a new commitment to begin exploring my environs right here. I fully recognize that NJ probably is not a top photography destination, but we do have our share of woods, waterfalls, and shoreline. Get ready to see a new side of Jersey!
- Thank God for digital cameras. For every great photo I have, I have a ton of “what were you thinking?” photos. Answer: I don’t know.
- I photograph with an Olympus mirrorless camera. I’ve had the camera for 2 years now. I still need one of my friends to help me out with the menu system.
- They say, “not all who wander are lost”. If I’m wandering, I’m lost.
- I’ve traveled to over 25 countries and visited about half of the states in the US. I’m truly blessed that I have been able to live my dreams and travel the world.